DOH Logs 25 Fireworks-Related Injuries 

DOH logs 25 FWRIs from December 21-27, 2022. | IMG Source: Philippine Star

The Department of Health (DOH) reported a total of 25 fireworks-related injuries during the past week.

Last Tuesday, DOH officer-in-charge Maria Rosario Vergeire said, “There are now 25 cases from Dec. 21 to 27. The very recent five cases of FWRI were recorded from Dec. 26 up to yesterday.” 

Vergeire pointed out that at the same time last year, there were only 22 cases of fireworks-related injuries. “So our cases right now are 14% higher than last year,” she said.

The health department noted that Western Visayas recorded the number of most injuries.

DOH advised FWRI victims to visit the nearest hospital or health centers to get their tetanus shots. 

President Bongbong Marcos discouraged Filipinos from using fireworks. He called on LGUs to provide a common area where people can view fireworks displays. 

According to DOH, there were a total of 128 fireworks-related injuries in 2021. 

Leave a Reply