Para sa Bayan, Para sa Sambayanang Pilipino
The Manila Journal recognizes that open dialogue is essential to the formation of a well-informed and discerning populace. In that light, we encourage you, our site visitors and users, to freely express you opinions on our platform through the comment section in our posts.
To ensure the propriety and quality of expression on our site, we urge you to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your comments are public. You acknowledge that your comments can be viewed by everyone who visits the Manila Journal website.
- Inappropriate content, such as graphic, abusive, hateful, threatening or explicit language and personal attacks will be removed.
- Spam-like and persistent trolling content will be removed. This likewise applies to propaganda or external links that do not add to the quality of the discussion, and to users who submit multiple repetitive or identical comments.
- The Manila Journal does not tolerate any form of hate speech – or contributions will be removed.The Manila does not allow negative commentary based on race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, age, or other protected groups. This includes attacks through allusion where the name of the group isn’t specified but is still identifiable.
- Libelous or defamatory words and images, content that infringes intellectual property rights, and anything that incites, suggests, implies, encourages or instructs illegal acts or violence will be removed.
- Content that constitutes “doxxing”– the publishing of private or identifying information about (a particular individual) without their consent; this includes speculation about the identity of other commenters—will be removed.
- Users that willfully and repeatedly ignore the foregoing guidelines will be prohibited from posting further comments on the site.
- The Manila Journal reserves the right to suspend or delete comments at any time, and remove comments older than six months.
By submitting your comments on The Manila Journal website, you agree to abide by and be bound by the foregoing. If you have any questions, clarifications or suggestions, you may relay them to us through our email.